Describe the impact of JACIE on your unit and enter a competition to win a day-pass worth €250 for EBMT 2014
We all hear anecdotes about what changed as a result of implementing
the FACT-JACIE Standards. Some centres changed their process for
ordering blood which led to reduced costs and waste. Others improved
their patient records system. Others were able to improve their
apheresis facilities by using the inspection to present a plan for
changes to their hospital administration.
We think that it is important to share these experiences and so invite you to describe the impact on your centre.
Tell us about your experience of implementing the Standards and the path
to accreditation in terms of how this process impacted on the
day-to-day work of you and your colleagues and on patients and donors.
Impact could include aspects related to financial and other resources,
the patient or donor experience, interaction with other teams and
services, resolution of problems and adverse events. It could be about
how you streamlined a process or used audits to identify duplication or
unnecessary delays. Perhaps training changed.
The impact could be from any stage in the process, not just after accreditation.
: Explain the following:
- how the need to change was identified
- how change was planned and implemented
- what the results were including the 'Before' and 'After' situations
- 200-400 words
Entries should be emailed in a PDF
file to Eoin McGrath at email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- By entering this competition you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions
- Entries must be in English
- Entries must be sent as a PDF file to impede any changes being made post-submission.
- The competition is open to any centre that is working with the
Standards i.e. not only accredited centres. This includes centres that
have not formally applied for accreditation to JACIE.
- Dates- The closing date is extended to Monday 27 January 2014.
Entries will be accepted until 17:00 CET on that date. The winning
entrant and runner up will be notified by email in the week beginning 10
February 2014. The names of the winning entrant and runners-up will be
announced on the JACIE web site and in JACIE’s other channels (LinkedIn,
Twitter, JACIE & EBMT newsletters)
- Prizes- The following prizes:
- 1 day-pass to attend the Quality Management Meeting at the EBMT Congress in Milan on Tuesday 1 April 2014.
- €100 towards registration fee for 1-day pass
- €50 towards registration fee for 1-day pass
- No cash-alternative is offered
- Copyright / Ownership- JACIE can use all submitted entries for educational and promotional use including those from non-winners.
- JACIE will not be responsible for delayed, undelivered or lost entries.
- Events - Events may occur which render the awarding of the prizes
impossible due to reasons beyond the control of JACIE and JACIE may, at
its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prizes
with or without notice.
- Judges- The competition will be judged by JACIE Staff and members of the JACIE Committees